Normally I would be utterly disappointedand immediately change the channel, but I couldn't resist watching a perfectly clear television channel. I was mesmerized. Bennett soon joined me and we spent a full hour lowering our IQ's. How shameful. This, my dear friends and family, is why Jenna Larsen has gone crazy. When we arrive at our new apartment in Texas, the cable man is the FIRST person I will be calling to save me from insanity.
Monday, March 30, 2009
A few fuzzy infomercials
Since Bennett and I will be moving to Texas right after the semester is over, we decided we wouldn't hassle with setting up cable on our TV for a few months. I can survive a semester with no cable, right? I didn't watch TV on my mission and was just fine. The first few weeks of the semester I was pretty busy and didn't really notice. But then, the pregnancy set in and I found my self wanting to watch something to distract myself from the nausea. I have seen our small collection of movies almost twice through now, and am starting to feel quite deprived. What's a girl to do? Well, the good news is that although we did not PAY for cable, we do have fuzzy reception for 5 channels! One of them even gets a few good re-runs in the evening like Friends and Wheel of Fortune. It is the daytime TV that kills me. I have reduced myself to watching INFOMERCIALS and ads for exercise videos. I have made a mental note of products that I really want to get when I have the money someday. How embarassing. On a few lucky days we get a clear picture of the channel ABC. Whenever I turn on the TV expecting infomercials or 2 spanish channels, I hold my breath as I pass channel 4 hoping it will work. Most days, it doesn't. One lazy Saturday morning I almost screamed with delight when channel 4 was working and showing morning cartoons!! Pure bliss. However, cartoons were mostly over and the "older kid" shows were starting. It was the new Power Rangers RPM.
Normally I would be utterly disappointedand immediately change the channel, but I couldn't resist watching a perfectly clear television channel. I was mesmerized. Bennett soon joined me and we spent a full hour lowering our IQ's. How shameful. This, my dear friends and family, is why Jenna Larsen has gone crazy. When we arrive at our new apartment in Texas, the cable man is the FIRST person I will be calling to save me from insanity.
Normally I would be utterly disappointedand immediately change the channel, but I couldn't resist watching a perfectly clear television channel. I was mesmerized. Bennett soon joined me and we spent a full hour lowering our IQ's. How shameful. This, my dear friends and family, is why Jenna Larsen has gone crazy. When we arrive at our new apartment in Texas, the cable man is the FIRST person I will be calling to save me from insanity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hahahaa so funny! I guarantee you I will have to get cable when we get out to Florida.. it gets too boring by yourself! Your baby is a plum now, yay!! I found the cutest baby girl shoes on Amazon and I am so close to buying them thinking, well if we have a boy, hopefully YOU will have a girl so I can give them to you!
this is hilarious! go power rangers! did it bring back memories when you wished you were the pink one?! haha i was able to survive the sumer with no tv and we will probably do that again this summer...but we had to get it when we got to virginia or i wuld of most likely gone crazy! love you!
Post a Comment