Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pirate Cobras

So on my mission I served in Cheney Washington for 10 months. I LOVED it there and have some incredible memories. Cheney is a tiny college town, but is home to a spectacular bowling alley. A member of the church owns this magnificent playland, and would let the missionaries bowl here EVERY p-day as long as we wanted...and gave us free pizza! It became a weekly tradition for the missionaries in the area to gather together and display their incredible bowling techniques. We were even cool enough to make up a team name...Pirate Cobras. Where this came from, no one knows. Yet the name became known 'round our inner missionary circle. As one elder stated, we were "an unstoppable league of elite bowlers". We even had a chant...if you have seen the movie Dodgeball, it was similar to the chant the "purple cobras" used. Yep, I know, this is making me sound even cooler than I already am. Recently, a group of missionaries in the Provo area got together for a bowling reunion. It was an intense night of Pirate Cobra bowling action. Below are pictures of some of the members over the years...


The original Pirate Cobra gang...I am attempting to look ghetto representing my "mid-west" pride. Notice my companion and I are wearing our SKIRTS bowling. Yeah, we are cool.

This was taken recently as our team joined forces 2 1/2 years later. We added some new members. Bennett was kind enough to be the photographer.

3 comments:

Matt and Angelica said...

haha! missionaries are sooooo nerdy! i love it. so many memories.

Evans Family of Three said...

i am thinking of your funny lil chant right now! miss you!

Aaron and Steph said...

Shouldn't you sillies be posting some exciting news for all to see???