Monday, August 22, 2011

An Ode to QT

Quiktrip...most commonly referred to as QT. The most glorious gas station. Why? Let me enlighten you. I love diet coke...especially when it takes form in a fountain drink. The sweet carbonation trickles down my throat instantly boosting my day. It soothes me. Now fountain drinks can be found anywhere, so why is QT so special? I made a list.

1. There are 24 varieties of soda available in the fountain, plus vanilla and cherry flavors that can be added.
2. There are 2 kinds of ice, crushed and cubed.
3. They have styrofoam cups. This is crucial to enjoying a fountain drink. It keeps the drink colder longer, and doesn't sweat moisture like a plastic cup does.
4. It is only $0.59 for a 32 ounce...amazing.
4. The gas station is always REALLY clean.
5. The workers are so nice and pleasant, they add to my excitement for the soda.

Ahhhhh QuikTrip, you wonderful thing you. Now because I have 2 little children, I can only get my QT diet coke when I venture out alone. When I have company in the car, McDonald's drive-thru for a $1 any size soft drink takes second place. Best idea ever, in my opinion, from McD's. They immediately cut out any competition by allowing me a large diet coke for $1. Genius. Here's a tip for fellow soft drink lovers, request "light ice". Then you don't get a cup FULL of ice with a squirt of soda mixed in. Yummy yummy yum.

4 comments:

alan and bonnie said...

Oh my my my!!!! I love my diet coke especially in a fountain beverage... haha I am jealous that you have such a wonderful place near by. I won't miss coke light when we leave Europe. Love you Jenna : ) Your my kind of girl...

Unknown said...

hahhaa i love this! See I have another friend in love with diet coke (although she drinks TEN a day- a bit much in my opinion!) She'd probably die to know this about QT, although I don't think we have em out here. Just Maverik with it's delish fro-yo. Don't you love a good gas station =)

Our Little Family said...

I am happy to know that you enjoy a good diet coke as much as I do. I tried buying the cans to try & save money, but it wasn't the same. I still bought a Diet Coke at McDonalds, Sonic or the gas station everyday. QT seems like a great place & I wish there was one in Corpus Christi :)

Thanks for the tip on requesting "light ice", I asked for it today and it was delicious!!!

Evans Family of Three said...

oh jj you crack me up! too bad QT doesn't have a drive thru. then i think your life would be complete. :)