My beautiful friend Lindsay and her husband Adam recently adopted a baby boy (They named him Michael). They had been waiting for 7 years to have a little person to be in their home. Their story is incredible, and has strengthened my testimony and love for eternal families and Temples. I was so grateful to witness such a wonderful moment in their life. With it being an adoption, Lindsay didn't have many baby things prepared. There is always a chance that something may not work out. I am so happy that it did! Our church congregation has rallied around their family and provided whatever they can for them. A few friends and I recently threw her a baby shower. And I must say, it was a beautiful shower. From decorations to food to favors, it was perfect :) Especially since we put it together in one weeks time! Here are a few pics of the fun day.


With Michael being only a week old, Lindsay left him at home and brought pictures with her so guests could see him. He is one BEAUTIFUL little boy.

The baby shower committee and Lindsay. From L to R: Brooke, Amanda, Lindsay, me, Emily. I love helping with and planning events...it's just so fun :)
4 comments:
SOOO cute! Love that donut cake! (that's what it is, right?) You really do need to do event planning, it'd be so fun for you! love your little outfit too, so cute!
Jenna! Your post about our adoption and baby shower was so unexpected and touching even to me, the one it happened to!! Thank you for all you have done to help me with the arrival of Michael and for throwing me the MOST WONDERFUL PERFECT baby shower! How did I get so lucky to find such a great friend?!!
I hadn't heard that they adopted a little boy. So exciting!! The shower looks great! You do such a fabulous job throwing parties.
jj you are adorable and such a good friend to so many people! i'm so glad i could hear about this touching and inspiring story of adoption. what a wonderful thing. also, that donut tower things looks amazing!!! can you throw me a party?? hehe
Post a Comment