Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of School :)

I had to capture this memorable day that marks our journey for the next four years. Bennett officially began dental school on Monday, August 17th. What a cutie all dressed in scrubs :)
I am pretty jealous that picking out his wardrobe each day will be as simple as selecting which color scrubs he would like to wear. I was just telling Bennett about how deciding my first day of school outfit each year growing up was quite the ordeal. My sister Lindsay and I would try on all our new purchases and have a fashion show between the two of us deciding which combination of clothes would be the best. This often took quite a bit of time. We would discuss what shoes, accessories, and even what hair style to go with for the day to match the perfect outfit we chose. Hehehe....girls are silly. I am sure I will be doing the same thing with our future little girlies - I will probably host the fashion show and force them to try on all their outfits against their will!! :) I asked Bennett if he ever put thought into what he was going to wear on the first day of school growing up...nope. He basically threw on whatever he had and off he went. I guess it's a good thing he will be wearing scrubs for the next while - a quick and easy choice :)

3 comments:

Our Little Family said...

We hope that your first day of school went well. The journey go so fast. I remember when Kevin started school here in San Antonio and now I can't believe that he is in his 3rd year working on patients in the clinic. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Awwww so cute... my little cuzzie wuzzie benito!

Mallory said...

Jimmy says, "Bennett looks beautiful."
He also says, " I can't believe Jenna is 9 weeks away from poppin'."
Gooo Jimmy. I can't wait for a rendevous in Chicago any time in the future.