
Bennett and I decided to take a trip to the Texas State Fair (biggest fair in the U.S. I might add...) yesterday. Bennett won't have any free Saturdays from studying for a while, and the closer I get to having the baby the harder it is going to be for me to walk around. Thus we ventured into Dallas and I met "Big Tex" for the first time (pictured on the left). And yes, he really does talk. We compiled a few pics of the day's festivities.

Corn dogs were invented at the State Fair in Texas, and these are the originals. Delish!!

To the left Bennett is posing with Corvette models ranging from 1954 to 2009. Pretty sweet. The 2009 edition cost $103,000. Danja. There were 2 exhibition halls filled with luxury cars from TONS of car companies. We had fun picking out our future rides....our favorites were the Corvette, new Camaro, and new Mustang (I'm DYING for a pink convertible one!!!) Someday maybe :)

We also went to a Birds of the World show. Before this show we saw a dog trick show. There were SO MANY things to see and do! We loved going thru the pavilions where people were selling stuff and doing cooking demos...yes we made sure we tasted all the free samples! There were food stands EVERYWHERE with the most tantalizing concoctions. The Texas Fair is know for their very inventive fried foods. This year, the winner for most creative was FRIED BUTTER. Needless to say we did not try it. Other fried foods were chicken fried bacon and deep fried peaches and cream. Of course the usual fried canybars, fried twinkies and fried cheesecake were also there. Hmmmm......why is America overweight???? We had a good time tasting lots of different things, however, and TRIED to limit the greasiness :)

Lastly, this is the "Eye of Texas" giant ferris wheel. It cost $6 to go around twice, so we just took a picture :) The whole day was very fun and the heat really wasn't too bad. As a first timer, I definitely recommend going sometime!! We are excited to take our little girly next year and have her play in the kids area. It will be fun to go back and see some different shows and look at other exhibits next year....too much for one day!!
2 comments:
Oooooh how fun! I can't believe the fried butter, that is just so SICK. I love that your days include Solitaire and baby room crafts cuz that has TOTALLY been me for the past several months!! Okay and love the wal-mart pics, I swear that place is just embarrassing! Dre, we are down to the last couple weeks, hooray!! Did you get my little package yet?
mmmm fried butter! haha gross! but i bet some of those other fried things were pretty tasty. i miss going to the fair! i love looking at all the displays and the demos! looks like you guys had a great time with big tex! and i had to laugh when i saw your little head at the bottom of the picture with the ferris wheel. hehe
Post a Comment