Monday, September 21, 2009
Solitaire is the Coolest
That's right....anyone can play games with friends. But only REAL winners play games by themselves. Hence, I have become quite the solitaire champion (both regular AND spider solitaire). HA! In all actuality, it mainly just helps the time pass. Since my 'oh so fabulous and busy life' consists of reading, doing craft projects for the baby room, and watching America's Next Top Model reruns (our TV channel selection is quite limited), I decided to branch out and become a card shark. When Bennett gets home from a long school day, he basically eats dinner then studies until bedtime. Thus, I must remain quiet while he is being so diligent...so I play solitaire. One day I was curious as to whether there were any Solitaire Championship Tournaments and did a little research (sad I know).....but no such luck. What the heck ESPN?? Why can't solitaire join the ranks of poker and other nationally recognized card tournaments?? Maybe I will write a letter. Or maybe I will hold my own tournament and post an ad for any solitaire buffs. HA! I will say something like "No friends? No worries!! Come join the ranks of Texas' finest solitaire players at the first Dallas Solitaire Tournament!" You never know.....however I have enjoyed my time to myself and have LOVED getting the baby room ready. I am quite proud of my painting and sewing skills :) I will post pics of the nursery once it is complete. Until then, I will "just keep turnin' them cards".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are too much! We can't wait to see you guys next month! Come join us in Sherman AS MUCH as you can! Check out this blog for that nursery idea I told you about a while ago (the butterflies and flowers hanging from the ceiling): http://amyandbryan.blogspot.com/2009/04/sugar-spice-everything-nice.html
She's a friend of mine I grew up with and she's got a lot of REALLY great craft ideas. Her actual Craft blog is www.sometimescreative.blogspot.com. She posts a ton of great ideas--none of which are terribly complicated. I'm sure you would like several of them.
you crack me up : ) i can't wait to see the nursery.
Jenna I am peeing my pants right now...ahhhhh oh my gosh. No friends? No worries!
hahahahahahahahahaha; the title alone got me giggling. You are one of my favorite people; this is too funny. I'm going to read it again.
Post a Comment