Sunday, October 11, 2009

FIVE, watcha waitin' FOUR, if you wanna THREE, TWO, ONE, let's do it!

If anyone remembers the boy band called Five circa 1997, you will recall the lyrics in my title are from their hit "Slam dunk da funk". I actually just had the lyrics in my head because we have entered into a COUNTDOWN (hence the countdown theme of the title) until we meet our baby! This past Friday I went to a routine check-up at the doctor only to discover our baby is "well over" 8 pounds at 38 weeks. Then the doctor informs me her head is too big and my pelvis is too small for me to deliver. So we scheduled a Cesarean section for this upcoming Thursday, October 15th. She will be coming early to avoid increasing discomfort with her getting bigger if we were to wait. The Larsen side of the family is known for having "healthy sized" babies, so I guess we may have a petite little chub to squeeze and snuggle with :) We are SO EXCITED to finally get to see her. We will keep you all posted with stats and pics when she arrives!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T WAIT! It's so mind blowing. You're going to have a BABY. I'm going to be an aunt! OK, we all know that's not really true, but I want to be so let's just call me the way cool cousin. She is going to be so perfect and wonderful and a little chub chub that you can just squeeze! Oh, good luck, I hope it all goes smoothly this week. Put up as many pictures as you can!

Evans Family of Three said...

hahaha love the song j! ah i am so excited and anxious and nervous and so so happy! i wish i could be there to meet my little niece and hold her and squeeze all her chubbiness! seriously its only like 4 days away!!! i love you and wish i could be there so bad!

The Dixon Family! said...

So excited for you Jenna! Don't be scared, I had c-sections and they weren't that bad at all! Can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little lady! But 8 pounds!! Wow! haha I love chubby babies. Sleep as much as you can before the 15th. Love you my friend! I'm so sad that I won't be around :(

Emma said...

I hope everything went well!! Can't wait to see pictures! I had a csection with my 2nd. We also expected BIG babies, as my mom and Nicks mom had big ones, but my first was 7 13... and second was 6 12... although he came 4 weeks early!!

Kara Kaufman said...

Congratulations!! I guess she is here and hope everyone is feeling well and happy. You two are PARENTS!!