Monday, May 17, 2010

Ode to the birthday boy

This year Bennett's birthday fell smack dab in the middle of his intense study for finals. At first he asked me to postpone all celebrating until he finished his tests a week later, but I am one who likes to do something special on the actual day to be celebrated. So I just made his dinner of choice (Apple Rosemary chicken, herbed rice, asparagus and strawberries) and a delicious German chocolate cake (I felt like saying "Move over Rachel Ray, Jenna Larsen is in the house" all day). We enjoyed a few moments together for dinner and presents before he hit the books again. For the second celebration of his birthday, we snagged a babysitter and hit the town. We went to dinner at Ghengis Grill (Bennett's new obsession - it is a Mongolian BBQ place) and went to see Ironman 2. We LOVE our dates together, especially dinner and a movie. We can't afford movies on our meager budget, so birthdays and holidays are the exception. All in all, we had a fun celebration. And to top it off, Bennett did really well on his finals and classes this year! Snaps for Bennett!

We also went to get Bennett's free Birthday Burger from Red Robin the day before.
Blowin' out the candles...my two favorite cuties.

Breakfast, dinner, and the decor :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love Bennett! While watching the Bachelor this evening, we saw a furniture commercial with "The Bennett Couch". Jimmy and I put our hands over our hearts. You are quite the little chef, my dear.

Also, I don't know why your blog didn't show as updated again, but I just saw your Mother's Day post. I am jealous of your straightener! Mine is from Wal-Mart.

Kimball and Marianne Larsen said...

We so miss you guys! I love your posts!

Evans Family of Three said...

why does your blog not show your posts until weeks later??? i mean i check it like everyday and this is the first i have seen of this post and the mother's day one, but they were both posted in MAY! i don't get it! oh well i love your hair in the mothers day pic!! i started laughing after i realized that ava is in the picture with bennett at the table. hahaha! i didn't see her at first! love you all and see ya in a couple weeks!!!!