Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Vacation Time (FINALLY!!)

Event: First family vacation 2010. Destination: Galveston Island, Texas

Here we have Avarie in her carseat as we are leaving our house (she was excited!), and the two of us at our hotel (it was across the street from the ocean).

We ate at Fisherman's Wharf (delish!) and stopped by an old fashioned icecream and candy store on the way home. We walked along "The Strand", which is a street filled with little touristy shops. The weather wasn't too sweltering yet, so we had a pretty good time :)


Here we are in the shark cage at the aquarium. My baby bump was just beginning to emerge here. Below is the UGLIEST fish I have ever seen in my life. It looks like the grinch, and I nearly barfed when I saw it. Disgusting.


This Mexican restaurant, Salsas, was SO tasty. Both Bennett and I love us some Mexican food. I quite enjoyed my pina colada (don't worry, it was virgin) and the meal was fab. The picture in the lower right corner Bennett was frustrated with Avarie because she was tired and being a stinker. She sure likes her way :)

Ahhhhhhhh......relaxation. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach. I could sit there all day and watch the water, sleep, read and tan. Avarie also grew quite fond of the ocean, and went swimming with her Dad in it. She was so adorable kicking her little feeties around and playing in the sand :)

We love this sweet tootle bug. What a fun little person :) Our vacation was so much fun, and we look forward to many more in the years to come!

1 comment:

Evans Family of Three said...

very jealous! glad you guys were able to do this! my little family needs to go on a lil vaca of our own...