Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So addicting, it should be illegal.

And no, I am not talking about Diet Coke (although it may come as a close second). I am talking about one of the greatest creations in existence......television series on DVD. Why be left in pure agony for an entire week after some massive cliffhanger at the end of your favorite show?? No need, my friends, no need. You can have a continuous flow of joy with DVD seasons. My addiction first started a few years back in college. In one semester, my roomies and I managed to complete all FIVE seasons of Alias (fab show starring Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan), AND all TEN seasons of Friends. I can't tell you what classes I had that semester, but I can tell you of the good times we shared through those late nights and Saturday marathons of watching together. 'Pathetic' you may be thinking....but I beg to differ. Grey's Anatomy came two years later. Next, I ventured another series on DVD with roommates. Ugly Betty. Pretty much the greatest show in creation. We finished 2 seasons in a month. When Bennett and I got married, we decided to give 24 a try. We were so addicted to the first season, it was interfering with school. So we decided to wait on the subsequent 5 seasons. Now I won't bore you with anymore shows that I have watched. Just a warning if you are considering buying a series on DVD...once you start one episode, it is almost impossible not continue to the next. I find myself saying, "I think I have time for just one more". Yikes. I need to be controlled :) However, if you happen to know of any good shows, please enlighten me. Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha how funny. I didn't know you guys got into 24?! We have all the seasons if you wanted to watch them.. but then again Bennett might get a little distracted =) Have you watched Desperate Housewives yet? So perfect for us stay-at-home moms missing our husbands! I watched most seasons online, and I highly recommend it =)